Sunday, March 6, 2011

and we're back...

I got back state side after a long journey. Longer than your typical trip and definitely way longer than the trip there to begin with. Once again, Chicago decided not to cooperate and be really chilly with perfectly slick runway conditions. O'hare decided not to play nice and decided to ground a ton of planes at the last minute and I got stuck in Chicago after sitting in Terminal 3 for about 3 beers. You see, I had it down on how to beat the jet lag and time difference. I would stay up on most of the trans-Pacific flight and then sleep on the trip back to KC after nursing a couple local brews. Instead I had to run to the little boys room when they made us go to the rescheduling desk and by the time I made it back there, the next available flight aboard United was 2 days later. I made it back after hitching a ride on a fellow KC'er rental car and agreeing to driving. My luggage made it back almost 2 days later. Awesomeness indeed. Yea, I beat the system, sort of.

I'm writing my reflective narrative about the trip now and taking a side detour to blog. In general, it was really amazing. All amazing for the experience to go, the experience I gained, and the knowledge I gained from meeting others and sharing our experiences. Maybe I'll get around to sticking some of the cooler pics up. I wish I had a nicer camera though. yes, the travel bug in me is definitely awake.

I may not necessarily blog for a while now. we'll see though...

No comments: